Laguna 95 RT Climate Control 'Service' - Darryl_
Any help on this is greatly appreciated ..... It's winter and i have no heating.

I have a Renault Laguna RT 1995(N). Approximately 30 seconds after turning the ignition on, my climate control displays 'service'. The air conditioning does't work, nor do the fans.

Thinking it was due an air con service, I contacted a Renault dealer and explained the fault. The dealer suggested that it probably wasn't an air con service but something else.

I have checked my (well used) Haynes manual but it fails to provide any useful information, apart from 'consult your Renault dealer etc ....'.

Has anyone any ideas please?
Laguna 95 RT Climate Control 'Service' - Aprilia
Most likely some kind of electrical failure (probably the fan power circuitry, knowing the Laguna). Will need to go to the dealer - brace yourself for some £££'s
Thanks for the reply ... i'll have a look at the wiring diagrams.
Laguna 95 RT Climate Control 'Service' - elekie&a/c doctor
The most common fault on these Lagunas with climate control when the display shows "service" & the heater fan does not function,is actually the heater blower motor defective.The motor also incorporates the electonic fan speed module (all one unit,& about £250).The other problem you may experience,is the multi-pin connector attached to the motor overheats & burns out.This is available from Renault for about £10.The heater motor is situated in passenger footwell & is easily accessible
Laguna 95 RT Climate Control 'Service' - Aprilia
The most common fault on these Lagunas with climate control
when the display shows "service" & the heater fan does not
function,is actually the heater blower motor defective.The motor also incorporates the
electonic fan speed module (all one unit,& about £250).The other problem
you may experience,is the multi-pin connector attached to the motor overheats
& burns out.This is available from Renault for about £10.The heater
motor is situated in passenger footwell & is easily accessible

Yes, I changed one of these fans because the power control module failed. I think with the VAT etc it was close to £300. Connector was melted as well as blown power module. I didn't find it that easy to do though - took me a couple of hours. Mind you I'm pretty big and I was probably tackling it at the 'wrong' angle. Must say I hate doing any job on a Renault.
Thanks for the useful advice elekie&a/c doctor. Much appreciated! I'll get down there and have a look. Hopefully it will just be the £10 multi-pin connector that's blown instead of the motor. Unless the two go in tandem?!
Problem solved ... a loose wire in the connector which plugs in the bottom of the heater blower!

Thanks for the help elekie@a/c doctor & aprillia.