Newshape Nissan Primera 2.2DCI Fault - jlo
Hi All,

Just wondered if any other Nissan Primera 2.2 DCI owners (New shape) have had the same fault as I have just experienced.

About a month a go I set of for work and soon as I put my foot down and the turbo kicked in the engine managment light came on and the car went on to limp home mode (Complete lack of power no turbo)

I limped to the Nissan garage where they said there was a wire which had broken down which had something to do with the turbo.

All repaired and fine UNTILL I went on holiday with family this weekend when the same fault occured. I called the RAC who were excellent and arrived in 15 minuites. They showed me where the same wire had come adrift. The Garage on the last repair rather than get a new conector just cut back the wire and resoldered it so it would have been constanly pulling and again the wire broke. They were a renault dealer who just took on Nissan franchise to)

the RAC man spent 30 mins getting a spare bit of wire, Soldered it and made me a temp repair which is better than the dealer repair.

Today I went back to the dealer and saw the new (and thankfully experianced)Nissan service forman who said that it he had heard of this before and the conector was make to short from the factory. It is the wire conector in the top right of the engine that controls the fuel injection of the diesel when the turbo cuts in. He is now ordering me a new part which should arrive tomorrow.

Has anyone else had the same fault!

(The car is 2003 Nissan Primera 2.2 DCI SVE 136ps)

Cheers

James

PS Well done to the RAC. Excellent service!