Engine flushing - PhilC
Apologies if this has been discussed before but I searched for the topic and didn't come up with anything.

My car (Ford Focus) is going in for it's 25k mile service at the local main dealer on Monday

At the car's first service the dealer rang and asked if I wanted the engine flushing advising that it would be beneficial to do so.

Put on the spot I said 'yes' but have ponder about the benefits of doing this, especially on a car which I have owned since new.

What are your thoughts on this?
Engine flushing - Dynamic Dave
I searched for the topic and didn't come up with anything

Phil,

Depends which search feature you used. If you used the one at the top of the page (site search) then you wouldn't have found anything. However, if you used the one where you log in / out (Forum Search) then *maybe* you will have more luck.

I just did a quick search and found a few.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=21313 for example.

Engine flushing - Roberson
Hi,

Bearing in mind that i'm no mechanic, i would have said that an engine flush was unecessary. If a car is looked after, with regards to servicing, an engine flush should never be needed.

But I wouldn't worry about it, as it certainly wouldn't have done any harm, especially as it was done at a main dealer who would have all the genuine parts and recommended fluids used. Also, it doesn't have a lot of miles on, so there wouldn't be many cruddy deposits to block oil ways. Sometimes, in neglected high milage engines, an engine flush can loosen the built-up deposits which can quickly get lodged in places they shouldn't be. My car had it done, (even though I was not asked, 'cos I would have said "no thanks") and it did no harm (that I can tell) and that was at 90000 miles, and its now got 101500.

Hope this helps

Roberson