Autoglass - andy sampson
I recently had a new windscreen fitted to my car. £50 from myself the rest I thought was to be met by my insurance. I got a verbal quote for the work of £170, when the work was completed they left a recipt saying £288.

My insurance company have refused to pay up (Im not covered, my fault) and I have just recieved a bill from autoglass for over £400 for the same work as knocked back by my insurance company.

I have spoken to autoglass and they will lower the bill to the verbal quote, but for all you wanted to know why your insurance premium is rocketing this must be the tip of the iceburg!!, just how do insurance companies get ripped off in otherways.
Re: Autoglass - mike harvey
Accident victim to bodyshop manager, " Whilst you've got it, could you just........"?
Mike
Re: Autoglass - John
2 weeks ago I got quotes to replace the screen on my sons Fiesta. The local companies in yellow pages quoted between £50-65. I also phoned Autoglass and they quoted £113> When questioned about the price said they only really did insurance work. Speaks for itself
John
Re: Autoglass - Tony
You often find that your windscreen excess will cover the amount that the ins co actually pay to the windscreen co.'Retail price 1.4million quid sir,but with your xyz discount that brings it to, err,£79 sir,all in' thank you very much.
Re: Autoglass - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up Ltd.)
I had the misfortune to have the van broken into via the passenger door window. Excess was £50. Auto Windscreens wanted £30 = vat cash and carry, Autoglass wanted a staggering £85 + VAT!!!!