Renault Megane 1.5 dci - Accident, and something fishy. - AlexMegane

Good morning everyone. Or afternoon if you read it later.

Ive got myself in a fishy situation I think.

Well, what happened. Ive been in a colision 3 days ago, i stopped on the lights, infront of me many cars and lady behind me didnt keep the safe distance and bumped in me.

We both stopped, i took all of her details, took Pictures and of course she wanted me to pay for the damage So there is no of her insurance involved So she doesnt loose the NCB.

I kinda agree but for a deposit of the costs first, So she paid me 200 pounds and i said ill go to the details garage, get the quote for fixing it and will get back to her. So i did. The amount i agreed with her next day was 700, 3 parts need to be fixed on the rear plus registration plate changed. Following day i were supposue to go and See her to get they money but ive contacted her if we can do it as a bank transfer because im currently not able to visit her.

After that Contact just dissapeared, when i try to call her its Just hanging up on me after on beep what means she probably bloked me (am i wrong?) i dont have any other Phone on me to try with different number So im not sure.

Ive contacted my insurance company about it, ive put it as a notificatuon only So they are aware but im not putting claim in, just yet because here is something fishy.

So by giving all of her details to my insurance company theey found the insurance company of hers, got the Policy number and everything but when i try to look up for the company in internet to Contact them about the case because of course thats what i wanted to do i cannot find it anywhere, well i cant find details as it looks like its registered in Giblartar, nothing related to it either.

I would put claim through my insurance as they said if its her fault and it looks like it from what happened and what i said it wouldnt affect my NCB but im worried about that they wont be able to claim anything from that fishy insurance company, am i right worried? And then probably the costs will go onto my account, can someone explain me how does it work?

Thank you for any help,

Alex

Renault Megane 1.5 dci - Accident, and something fishy. - FP

If you claim on your insurance it's just a matter between you and them - forget the other person. What your insurance company does or doesn't do with regard to the other driver's insurance doesn't concern you.

Yes, the whole thing is fishy - the other driver probably doesn't have valid insurance.

The only complication is that you have £200 which, if you claim on your insurance, is not rightfully yours.

Renault Megane 1.5 dci - Accident, and something fishy. - Bromptonaut

If you claim on your insurance it's just a matter between you and them - forget the other person. What your insurance company does or doesn't do with regard to the other driver's insurance doesn't concern you.

Yes, the whole thing is fishy - the other driver probably doesn't have valid insurance.

The only complication is that you have £200 which, if you claim on your insurance, is not rightfully yours.

In your shoes I'd crack on and claim under your own policy. In any claim you simply give credit for the £200 already received. The only potential problem is if she tries to assert you accepted that sum if full and final satisfaction.

If she, or her insurers, pay up then you're fine and it shouldn't affect your NCB though it may affect your gross premium. If she turns out to be uninsured your car's repaired - that's why Comprehensive Insurance.

I don't think that, in and of itself, the Gibraltar link a pointer to anything fishy. Gibraltar is British Overseas Territory and, for now, part of the EU. A number of significant players in UK insurance including AA and Admiral have at least some parts of their operation off-shored to Gib.

Renault Megane 1.5 dci - Accident, and something fishy. - Palcouk

You don't contact the other parties Insurance Company. They have not contract or obligation to you and as such will not enter into any dialogue

Renault Megane 1.5 dci - Accident, and something fishy. - Falkirk Bairn

My D-i-L was hit be a neighbour when he failed to give way at the bottom of the road.

Back home she contacted her insurer. Within minutes of ringing off the neighbour's insurer phoned her. They arranged a hire car (arrived in 2 hours) & asked where she wanted the car repaired.

7 days later car returned with a new door fitted. No paying your excess & claiming back etc & waiting months for everything to be settled.