2007 Subaru Forester - Xenon HID Headlight bulbs - Jetsam1

Hi.

I have never had Xenons before and so have no idea what I am doing with them. The original owner had this system fitted and I never thought much more about it until one of the bulbs failed.

So as I am not sure how to put pictures up on here I will describe it as best I can.

Associated with both headlight assemblies is a Siemens HID Ballast box. The headlight bulbs are connected to these and the markings on them are "OHOI Philips Patent Pending" and "E26".

Google is not being massively helpful. I am actually a little annoyed at this modification.

I am not sure how these are disconnected as I did not want to risk breaking anything until I had checked in. First impressions are they seem hard wired in and I cannot see an obvious connection point at the bulb end, there must be though! These appear to be quite expensive and as I am having stupid amounts of trouble with cars right now want to be sure of what I am doing first!

Cheers!

2007 Subaru Forester - Xenon HID Headlight bulbs - elekie&a/c doctor

There are many different aftermarket hid kits around. All with different types of fittings and connections. I would think there is some kind of connection point at the ballast module, if not at the bulb. Hid bulbs are very difficult to test ,as they work at very high voltages. If one of the headlights is not working, it may not be the bulb at fault. Is it possible to revert back to the original installation with regular bulbs?

I wouldn't be sure where to start to try and revert. I would be happy too really. It has just just been biblical rain this week and the Transporters starting problems have taken priority.

On one of these HID kits the original headlight connector should be plugged in to provide power and then the HID box steps it up? Or do they get hardwired in?

Even n the Subaru it is a tight squeeze in but I would be happy enough back on standard headlights! Yep one of the headlights is not working and when I took it out it has broken.

2007 Subaru Forester - Xenon HID Headlight bulbs - elekie&a/c doctor
If you can locate the original 2 or 3 pin connector that would have terminated at the standard bulb , then all the hid kit can be by passed . Hopefully the clip that holds the bulb into the headlight is still there .

I will have a look. Spare bulbs for the original headlights are in the boot so maybe! I need to take it out properly to look. I have spare bulbs to match up connectors other wise it is back to the parts supplier.............

Thanks for the help!

2007 Subaru Forester - Xenon HID Headlight bulbs - focussed

If you still have problems contact https://www.hids4u.co.uk/ they are quite clued up on the technical aspects of the various systems and probably will be able to supply parts/bulbs etc.

They are in Southampton.

No connection apart from having bought several kits from them to upgrade motorcycle headlight units.

2007 Subaru Forester - Xenon HID Headlight bulbs - gordonbennet

My 2008 XT has Xenons as standard, are you sure its an aftermarket bodge up?