SEAT Altea XL 2007 - Seat belt warning light will not stop beeping. - Johngalaxy

When I put on my seat belt I have an intermittent fault with the seat belt warning light coming on and the beeping sound. Sometimes when I shake where the seat buckle goes into it would stop for a little bit and then start beeping again .

Any help would be much appreciated as it is very annoying when driving along.

Thanks.

SEAT Altea XL 2007 - Seat belt warning light will not stop beeping. - elekie&a/c doctor
Looks like there is a problem with the micro switch in the seat belt stalk . May want to try and get your vacuum cleaner down near the belt tongue hole , there might be some debris there preventing correct operation.
SEAT Altea XL 2007 - Seat belt warning light will not stop beeping. - Johngalaxy

Hi

I tried vacuuming the seat belt stock and it is still beeping. Can you suggest my next step to fix it. Any help is greatly appreciated!

SEAT Altea XL 2007 - Seat belt warning light will not stop beeping. - elekie&a/c doctor
You may need to replace the belt stalk, or get the wiring by-passed . I did this on a friends Kuga .

Hi, i have replaced the seat belt stalk and the beeping has stopped which is great.

Since i have replaced it now the Airbag light has come on and wont go out.

How do i turn off the Airbag light?

Thanks.

You will need diagnostic kit to clear the warning light . It won’t go off on its own.
You will need diagnostic kit to clear the warning light . It won’t go off on its own.

Hi,

Thanks for the info much appreciated.