Peugeot 2008 - Main computer gubbins - spring
Warning light says 'possibly seat belt tensioners or air bags.. Investigation at main dealer where car came from indicates no fault in these items, but the gubbins behind the steering column needs replacing. Thank you very much that will be not much short of £500. I sulked about this at first, then asked around but couldn't find anyone who had had this fault.
As the car came new from this dealer is not 4 years old and has just over 30k registered miles should I be asking for a contribution and if so from whom?
Thank you for any advice
Colin S
Peugeot 2008 - Main computer gubbins - RobJP

Before you allow them to replace any parts ...

Disconnect the battery, and wait 20 minutes.

Now check the various electrical connectors under the seats and by the seatbelt plugs. Wggle them around, disconnect and reconnect them, making sure they're all firmly locked into place.

Once finished, reconnect the battery, and, if you're lucky, the fault might be fixed.

Basically, those connectors get knocked, items under seats, etc. They then don't connect fully, and a fault is registered.

The battery / 20 minutes thing is to allow residual current to disperse. The last thing you want is the airbags firing off when you re-connect stuff !

Peugeot 2008 - Main computer gubbins - elekie&a/c doctor

That's an expensive repair for a not very old car. I would certainly ask for a contribution from the dealer. This part should certainly last more than 35k miles.

Peugeot 2008 - Main computer gubbins - barney100

Try a local auto electrician who just might have some way of sorting for less than £500.