Audi S3 - Fault codes diagnostic - Bob123451
Hi, I have a Audi S3 8v model, the car was taken for its major service and the Audi dealers done a diagnostic check which showed a few error/fault codes, if anyone could advise what they possible could be or what could the fix be. The dealers want £150 per hour just to look at the faults and see what the issue is. I’m hoping this site could do that before I pay the hourly rate, thank you
Diagnostic sheet reads -

J271 - Main relay, elec fault
0001- Engine control module 1
15240 - P068700 EMC/PCM- Power relay circuit control high 00100000 passive/sporadic
01- Replace control unit
16821- P060300 internal contr module (KAM) error (00100000 passive/sporadic)
J250-Data bus received fault value
10526728 - U112300 Databus error value received (001000000 passive/sporadic)

I have a picture of the sheet but couldn’t attach to this thread.
Any help or advice would be much appreciated or where to start.
Audi S3 - Fault codes diagnostic - elekie&a/c doctor
Lots the fault codes all pretty much meaningless .More in -depth investigation required. What is wrong with the car ?
Nothing wrong with the car, it just went for a routine major service and dealers said they will do a diagnostic free of charge as I was carrying out the work..etc
And provided me with a print out of the faults.
So the fault codes stored don’t mean anything??

Diagnostic fault codes are only a "rough guide". It is not possible to fix a car with these alone. Data and information is required to analyse real values with vehicle spec. The fault codes you have logged could be caused by a low battery voltage at some time in the car,s life. I would get the codes cleared from the system and get the car re-checked in 6 months time .Remeber ,if it ain't broke,don't try and fix it.

Audi S3 - Fault codes diagnostic - the_bandit

As already said above.

Fault codes could be ancient and just not been cleared.

May not have even been a fault in the first place if a relay had been removed to do some work elsewhere.

If nothing is wrong just now, clear codes. Run the car for a few weeks. Check codes again.

Is this your first time with this car at a dealer?

Audi S3 - Fault codes diagnostic - Ian D
Looks like they are trying to create work for themselves. Clear the codes, if the car drives ok and the check engine or other warning light(s) are not on don’t worry. There are all sorts of momentary events that can log faults like the ones above, as stated they are meaningless if otherwise the car is fine.

Update -

The relay was changed as the car developed a intermittent min start and occasional cut off while driving, the next day the same thing the car would randomly cut out while driving and not start up until 10 -15 mins later, the would turn over but not fire up.

Took car back to the dealers who read the code which they said was showing ECU sporadic fault??? Now they cleared the EML light but the car still has an Intermittent cut out while driving and non start? New ECU maybe??

What do you guys think?

Edited by Bob123451 on 21/06/2018 at 18:58

Audi S3 - Fault codes diagnostic - RobJP

Is this the garage suggesting a new ECU ?

Is it you suggesting a new ECU ?

The Audi dealers have said possibky ECU, as that's what the Diagnostic is showing ECU fault sporadic, causing the intermittent non start / cutting off while driving.

Is it worth finding a second hand ECU and reprogramming it to the car do see what happens or what are my options really??

I seem to be very confused. In your original post ,you stated the car went in for routine service and the dealer identified various fault codes logged. My question at the time asked if there was anything wrong with the car and the reply was "no". So what has happened since?

While the car was in the I agreed to pay the extra to fault find and they diagnosed the faults to a faulty relay and ECU fault sporadic.

They also said the car has an intermittent cut off while they were test driving it and to see if this continues and bring the car back.

The car was since returned to see what faults remained in the diagnostic check, now it only shows ecu fault and regularly cuts out

Audi S3 - Fault codes diagnostic - galileo

So it didn't cut out before it went to the dealer for a service, now it does, so the random cutting out is due to something the dealer did?