Car Accident claim advice - joyfultuna

Hi, I was recently a passenger in a friends car when we had an accident.

I think we were at fault because it was us who pulled out across a main road that was seemingly clear, but suddenly wasnt! (slight bend, brow of hill and oncoming vehicle going v fast, all added to the situation)

I sustained concussion and whiplash, all day in hospital & CT scan. 2 weeks off work so far, ongoing headaches, sore neck and poor concentration so only able to drive except short distances at present. Very anxious about being a passenger/driving.

My questions are:

Am I likely to be able to make a successful claim ?

If I was to make a personal injury claim how much would that impact my friends future Car Insurance costs? would it bump it up considerably? She has to claim for her car anyway as it was written off but I don't want her to end up paying loads more because of me making a claim against her..I do think she had Protected NCD.

How do I choose someone to represent me? should I go with a local reputable Solicitor or one of the hundreds of No win, no fee companies?

With the NoWinNofee people what is a resonable percentage to expect them to charge?

Can I do it myself without a solictors help and extortionate fees?

And does anyone know how much a concussion/whiplash injury would get..ie is it even worth bothering with if its a huge hassel and will not be much once Ive paid whoever does it for me...

Thankyou for reading , any advice would be so welcome as I have no experience in this..:)

Car Accident claim advice - oldroverboy.

check if your household insurance has any legal aid provisions for such a situation, BUT do you NEED to claim? Will your friendship survive a claim?

you can simply submit a claim yourself for loss of earnings, being realistic if you are paid or part paid and prove what you have lost....

you can of course "google" the situation, but some "agents" will ask you pay an upfront fee, and if you lose you might not get the "fee" back.

Whatever happens your friend will have an increased premium, the protected ncd protects that, not the premium.... a personal injury claim just adds to the claim for the vehicle and as the accident is allegedly her fault she wull lose her excess too.

Are you inclined, if your losses are minor to let it pass for the sake of friendship?

Car Accident claim advice - Smileyman

If you are injured you need to do whatever is best for your recovery, including any psyiotherapy you may need. Why should NHS fund this if it is the result of an insured activity?

Your friendship will have been impaired by the accident, I don't consider getting the best possible recovery should make matters worse.

Car Accident claim advice - S40 Man

My wife and I had serious crash 9 years ago. I sued her (via insurance co.) and we're still friends.

Your friends insurance will have to pay repair/write off for 2 cars and any other cars injury claim. Your extra won't make a huge difference to total cost. If you feel bad sue then give her a contribution, eg pay her excess back from your claim fund?

Car Accident claim advice - SteVee

Do you know if the 3rd party (the other car in the accident) are claiming any personal injury ? If so, then the addition of claim, probably won't affect her insurance so much.

Regardless, I would register a claim against her insurance company. If you have legal cover on your household or car policy they may be able to help you do that. Your friend has a responsibility to you to aid your recovery, but don't make it personal.

If I made a mistake and injured a friend then I would be giving them my insurance details and telling them to claim.

Good luck with your recovery - and your friendship.