Honda Jazz - Opinions Please - what to do ! - Lady Penelope 15

Hello. I am new to posting to this forum, though have visited for advice on many occasions.

I would just welcome some independent opinons. I currently own a Honda Jazz ES (2012). I bought it from new (pre-registered) in September 2012.

I have been contacted by the dealer and offered a new 2015 Jazz EX in silver or white for £13,295. I realise they are wanting to sell off this model with imminent arrival of the newer version due out soon.

My current car only has 8200 miles on the clock.

If you were in my position, would you :-

a) Keep my current car

b) Go for the 2015 EX

c) Wait for the new model to be released.

I would welcome your opinions

Many thanks

Honda Jazz - Opinions Please - what to do ! - Falkirk Bairn

Sell your car.........and use taxis instead - 2,500 miles a year is costing you a fortune.........depreciation, servicing, tax & insurance and I forgot about 1 gallon of petrol/week

Honda Jazz - Opinions Please - what to do ! - andyfr

I would keep your current car if you are happy with it. Depreciation on yours will start to level out as you have taken the largest hit so far.

Your current car is far better than any taxi. :)

Honda Jazz - Opinions Please - what to do ! - RobJP

I would keep your current car if you are happy with it. Depreciation on yours will start to level out as you have taken the largest hit so far.

Your current car is far better than any taxi. :)

+1. If no reason to change, then don't change.

Honda Jazz - Opinions Please - what to do ! - SteVee

Your dealer is looking to make a good profit when he sells your one-owner low-mileage jazz.

Unless the new model has something you really want, why would you change ? Your current car is barely run-in, I'd recommend keeping it.

Honda Jazz - Opinions Please - what to do ! - oldroverboy.

Keep the car!

Honda Jazz - Opinions Please - what to do ! - HandCart

Changing a car you bought new, at 3 years old and only 8,200 miles is very expensive motoring, unless you are one of those people who is sort of 'afraid' of a car once it starts having to have MOT tests done, or simply has to have the latest model - but in this scenario you won't even have the very latest model!

The Honda Jazz is traditionally up there as possibly THE most reliable car in existence: If yours has done just 8200 miles, and considering you yourself have already just paid for the worst portion of the depreciation curve, logic suggests that this car will serve you perfectly well now for many many years: As others have said, unless the newer model offers some feature or advantage that you feel you absolutely must have, you'll be shelling out a load of money for no real gain, apart from the 'new car smell' !

Honda Jazz - Opinions Please - what to do ! - gordonbennet

Whats the trade in being offered, or rather once they've tried to cajole you into various add ons whats the figure you have to come up with to swap.

If its a really good deal, and i'd want it to be no more than £3k cost to change for same or better spec, then i might be tempted...but that would depend on my own personal circumstances at the time.

Edited by gordonbennet on 02/07/2015 at 19:02

Honda Jazz - Opinions Please - what to do ! - Sulphur Man

The mother-inlaw has a 2007 Jazz SE CVT. Its the previous model, but its only driven 28000 miles in nearly 8 years, with 95% journeys of less than 10 miles.

Nothing has ever gone wrong. It's rattlefree and still feels tight. The CVT gearbox is great (she has the ATF changed annually on my recommendation).

Jazz's are fantastic. Sod the derogatory 'senior citizen transport' jibes - with age comes wisdom.

Keep the one you've got.

Many thanks for all your replies. The consensus is definitely in favour of keeping my current car. The only downside to that is I would not be able to get the current model as a new car again. BTW - I would have to pay more than 3k to swap. The main difference besides the number plate and new car smell is a panoramic glass roof. I appreciate all your comments.
Honda Jazz - Opinions Please - what to do ! - Andrew-T
The main difference besides the number plate and new car smell is a panoramic glass roof.

I have had a 'panoramic glass roof' for several years now, and I haven't really found any advantages to it. It's quite nice on occasions, but it doesn't open, so in effect it can be just a small greenhouse. The grandchildren enjoy it, but I hate to think of the cost if it got damaged. But then I suppose that applies to lots of car parts these days.

What is the advantage to the car makers?

Honda Jazz - Opinions Please - what to do ! - alan1302

What is the advantage to the car makers?

Can charge more and it looks good in the adverts!

Honda Jazz - Opinions Please - what to do ! - Andrew-T

Keep the one you've got.

That looks like the unanimous message. Unless your present Jazz is giving you trouble, there is absolutely no reason to swap it for another, except to help your local dealer run his business.

Just wanted to thank everyone again for your honest opinions. I will be taking your advice and keeping the car I have. Before posting to this forum, I was very close to exchanging my car. I am so glad I took a step back and asked for advice.
Honda Jazz - Opinions Please - what to do ! - daveyK_UK

13295 is not a great deal considering its soon to be an old model.

Honda Jazz - Opinions Please - what to do ! - Leif

Keep the car!

with age comes wisdom.

And sore knees. Not so sure about the wisdom though.

Honda Jazz - Opinions Please - what to do ! - gordonbennet

Sore knees? i'll raise you ankles seizing, various artritic problems showing the ugly face, every strand of hair turning grey, hard lumps of skin on some knuckles, backache for many years, umpteen old injuries and i suppose what would now be termed RSI's coming home to roost.

Still beats the hell out of the alternative mind, and absolutely true, i still know nothing of any value..:-)