Kia Sorento - Change from X-Trail to 7 seat kIA Sorento - dja11

We are thinking of replacing our Nissan X-Trail 2003 model with 105k miles as it is getting a bit long in the tooth and we need to go to a 7 seater. We fancy a Kia Sorento 2.2 2011/12 model KX2 standard. Can you see any problems with this plan, in particular does it have DPF issues and does it have a belt or chain? many thanks. Dave..

Kia Sorento - Change from X-Trail to 7 seat kIA Sorento - skidpan

All recent Kia's have chain cams.

There are very few reported issues with Kia DPF's

Buy one the age you are considering and it will sitll have 3 or 4 years manufacturers warranty left providing its been serviced according to Kia's schedule.

To be 100% certain of the warranty situation buy from a Kia dealer and get them to confirm in writing that the warranty is current.

Kia Sorento - Change from X-Trail to 7 seat kIA Sorento - oldtoffee

We have the Santa Fe with the same engine and I guess same dpf. Ours is the auto and we've had no issues in 4 years and 55,000 miles and for the last year it has been mostly driven on short trips with the occasional long run once a month and no dpf or engine management issues. The engine and auto combo is IMO the best "bit" of the car and space. There are a few stories of problems with manual Santa Fes requiring new clutches and dual mass flywheels at quite low mileages but the auto looks to be problem free (touch wood!)

Here's Kia's & year warranty exclusion statement and the dpf isn't on it but there is a reference to the owners manual for correct driving and operation etc:

www.kia.co.uk/~/media/pdf/warranty/kia%207%20year%...x

Kia Sorento - Change from X-Trail to 7 seat kIA Sorento - xtrailman

Have a test drive, compared to the Xtrail driving a Santa fe,( which i would think is similar?) i found the car awful to drive, couldn't get out of the car quick enough, bought a Mazda CX-5 instead, but not a 7 seater.

Kia Sorento - Change from X-Trail to 7 seat kIA Sorento - RT

Have a test drive, compared to the Xtrail driving a Santa fe,( which i would think is similar?) i found the car awful to drive, couldn't get out of the car quick enough, bought a Mazda CX-5 instead, but not a 7 seater.

Santa Fe has had some quite different suspension settings over the years - and can be sensitive to tyre pressure settings - Sorento will be different again.

We all like different things in the way a car "drives" so it's important to try it for yourselves.