Mitsubishi Colt 3-door - Can't get past 2000rpm, but only sometimes !?!?!? - ceerobbo

Hi. Here's one for you to get your head ticking on a Sat morning :)

I bought my Mitsi Colt Equippe 1.3 a few weeks back to use as a run around and also for my chinese delivery saturday job.

It drove great for the first few hours, then when I turned the engine on after maybe 10 or 11 short journeys, I couldnt get past 2000 rpm, the yellow engine light was on too... I still tried driving it, got into 3rd gear but couldn't get past 20mph. Felt flat as a pancake.

Rang the dealer, he said "dont worry mate, it'll be the throttle valve sensor" or something.. "leave the car off for 5 mins and itll be ok, then bring it in next week and we'll sort the sensor out"

I left it for 5 mins and sure enough it was OK again, I still took it in to the dealer, they had it 3 days as they said it needed a manufacturer part ordered in. When I collected it I noticed the old pedal on the back seat, and a Mitsubishi invoice on the floor with a new pedal. Why they ordered a new pedal I had no idea ? ? ?

Anyway, it drove fine so I was happy. I then actually drove it every day for 2 weeks, no issues, including a 500 mile round trip to London last weekend.

BUT.... Last night after my delivery shift, again the same b***** thing happened, at the end of the night I started the engine, noticed the engine light on and couldnt get past 2000 rpm !

I remembered what I did last time for the temporary fix, so I turned the engine off, left it a few minutes, turned it back on and sure enough it was fine again, could drive fine but this time the engine light has stayed on. So I repeated the above process a couple of times, and then the engine light went off.

So now the car is driving fine again with no engine light on.

But I am worried. Is the dealer pulling wool over my eyes with a banger he has sold me ? Or is he genuinely right about the sensor valve, but why the hell would he change the pedal ? Wondering if this an intermittent fault, but is easily fixed by the above method, then I could just live with it, or am I looking at a MUCH bigger problem ?

CoNfUsEd !!!

Your help would be appreciated. THANKSSSS

Mitsubishi Colt 3-door - Can't get past 2000rpm, but only sometimes !?!?!? - stecw12

hi was wondering what was your out come, my wifes cars doing the same, i know why they replaced the pendal as it has a sensor on it... was it a faulty part?

did you car loose revs and started to stall?