Ford focus econetic - Knocking engine sound after injector seal replaced - focus2008
My 2008 focus was taken into a garage to have the injector seals replaced as this is a common fault with the 1.6d engine. Taking the car into the garage the car was running well with no problems. The garage replaced the seals but said during the process it developed the knocking sound or if the knocking was there before you could not hear it because of the broken injector seal.
They have told me I need a new engine and the car only has a few miles left in it and have said it was 'wear and tear' and could of happened at any point. I find this very hard to believe and don't know what my options are as I believe they may have destroyed my engine.
My insurance have taken the car to be looked at but they have said I'm not covered as the car was not involved in an accident.
The garage won't accept liability, they told me the best thing to do is put it on ebay for spare parts... I'm now stuck with a £5000 car which needs £3000 spending on it for replacement parts and really can't afford it.
Help please! Anyone else had a similar problems?
Ford focus econetic - Knocking engine sound after injector seal replaced - 3puddings

First thing I'd do is get a second opinion from another garage, pay for a full diagnostic from a reputable garage. I would not expect this level of wear and tear on a 5 year old car unless it has done serious mileage without being serviced properly.

I would also be very sceptical about why you didn't hear the knocking sound before the car was put into the garage. If the second garage comes up with a different opinion then you have recourse under the SoGA. Also how long have you had the car you may hve recourse with a dealer if you have only had it for a short time, but for 2nd hand cars it is normally 6 months.

Ford focus econetic - Knocking engine sound after injector seal replaced - Armitage Shanks {p}

I do not think that a failed injector could prevent one hearing a knocking noise from the engine It. might make it run roughly, of course