Honda crv 2005 facelift model - Honda 2005 crv cdti air conditioning problem - JonHondaCDTI2005

My ac light came on the other day so I looked on the forum and found a thread about putting the ac system into diagnostic to work out the problem. Did that, got it regassed and the fault cleared ...however, ac still doesn't work? No cold air?

I've noticed that, when it did work, when I turned the ac on the revs would drop slightly. Now, however, the revs seem to improve when I switch the ac on. In fact, the whole car feels more sluggish when the ac is turned off??

It's almost like something is dragging on the engine until i turn the ac on?

Could it be that the compressor clutch isn't freewheeling when the ac is off and when i turn it on it spins more freely?

Or could it be the control panel at fault?

Any ideas or experience on the issue greatly appreciated as summer is coming and the kids will just whine about the car being too hot.

Thanks

Jon

Honda crv 2005 facelift model - Honda 2005 crv cdti air conditioning problem - elekie&a/c doctor
Common faults with Crv a/c are the compressor and the relay that controls it . Find a competent a/c engineer to check through the system.