I bought a car and the dealer still hasn't sent the V5 - how do I source a replacement?

I purchased a car from a dealer and completed the V5, but after weeks I have not received the document. The dealer claims it's not his responsibility. How do I get the replacement?

Asked on 30 October 2017 by Tim Cooper

Answered by Honest John
Use a Form V62 (downloadable) to re-apply for a V5C in your name. Here: www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-for...e /
Tags: dvla v5c v62
Similar questions
My 10-year-old car has been in Spain for nine years and 11 months. I've lost the V5C, so what do I say at Dover when I try to bring it back to the UK?
I bought a used car online. The seller said he was a trader and the car was advertised as a part-exchange, just MoT'd with a one year warranty. I booked to view it (80 miles away) over the weekend at his...
I bought a car from a dealer that didn't have the V5. I used a V62 to register and tax the car. The advert showed two previous owners, but I've now found out that it's had three previous keepers (all individuals,...


Value my car