What do we need to do to get our Cat C car back on the road following an accident?

My brother's Peugeot 206 was hit from behind by a bus, which dented the tailgate and smashed the back window. The damage was fairly minor and a new tailgate is all that's required to get it back on the road. What's the process to get the car back on the road following a Cat C? The car has only covered 22,000 miles, so it has a few years life left in it yet.

Asked on 3 August 2017 by Andy Ross

Answered by Honest John
The VIC check was abandoned by the government last year, as a result, there are no requirements in any way under any law for you to need to do anything. As long as the vehicle is roadworthy and has a current MoT, then it complies with all the requirements for an insurance policy.
Similar questions
I had an accident on 10 October 2016. It was a foggy and wet morning, around 6:20am, and vision was around 100 - 150 metres. So I was using my front and back fog lights. A driver was tailgating me and...
I bumped another car when reversing at less than 5mph. I don't wish to go through my insurance company as the damage is very minor and I don't want it to affect my No Claims Bonus. I suggested I pay for...
My son (just turned 18) passed his driving test in February of this year. We put him on the car insurance in June. Yesterday the police came round and said that there had been an incident in the local...
Related models
Not bad looking. Economical 1.4 diesel gets under 119g/km.

Value my car

Save £75 on Warranty using code HJ75

with MotorEasy

Get a warranty quote

Save 12% on GAP Insurance

Use HJ21 to save on an ALA policy

See offer