What are the risks of buying a Euro6 diesel vehicle?

I really want to buy a hybrid car, but cannot find an estate type vehicle under £23,000 allowing enough room for my dog to be placed in the boot. I'm therefore resorting to a diesel SUV. Please can you advise the risks of buying a Euro6 diesel vehicle in regards to future legislation.

What about the Toyota Auris hybrid Touring Sport? As for the diesel SUV, while they are subject to all the usual problems of unreliability and high cost of emissions equipment on diesels used for short runs or generally after about four years, EU6 diesels are not imminently about to be legislated against.