What car would you suggest for drivers over 70?

My parents are looking to replace their trusty 2003 Honda Civic with something a bit more up to date. They've tried the new Civic but complain it's too low for their aged knees. They are considering the Mazda CX3 but are wondering if that is the best of the bunch or if there is an alternative. They have a 2007 Jaguar XK convertible which they use for long journeys in the UK and Europe but want something more practical for everyday use. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Asked on 19 April 2017 by RallyScooby

The CX-3 is lovely, but they could also consider a Peugeot 2008 1.2 Puretech 130 (or 110 with EAT6 auto), or a Honda HR-V, or a Toyota C-HR. Easier to get in and out of, a Hyundai ix20 or a Kia Venga. (The Suzuki Vitara is a bit of a jump from seat to ground.)