I can't tow with my Passat Alltrack as it sits too high - what's the solution?

I have just taken delivery of Volkswagen Passat Alltrack. I have asked a towbar company to assist me in fitting a tow bar but they say because the Alltrack bumper sits quite high due to road clearance (extra ride height) the tow bar sits high. So when you hitch the caravan, it doesn't sit level and rides up towards the towbar. What can I do?

Asked on 28 March 2017 by Paul Wells

Not an issue that has ever come up before. Obviously Alltracks are used to tow caravans all over Europe. I don't understand why you have not opted for the factory fit or dealer fit EC Type Approved towbar and have instead gone to someone else who is offering you a towbar installation for a Passat Estate rather than for a Passat Alltrack.