Should I get a petrol or diesel estate?

I currently drive a 2006 Volkswagen Golf GTI and drive an average of 14,000 miles a year. Due to an arrival of a dog in the household, I'm looking to change to a midsize estate but I would like it to be good to drive. What would you recommend? Also given the mileage I do with a daily commute of 20 miles each way, is it worth considering a diesel? I have a budget of £12,000 plus whatever I could get for the Golf on trade-in.

Asked on 9 February 2017 by alanboot

Stay away from diesel. Try a Peugeot 308 1.2 PureTech 130 6-speed estate. You will be amazed at the performance from only 1.2 litres and delighted with the 45-50mpg fuel economy.