Is the new Kia Sportage automatic gearbox reliable?

I have a manual Kia Sportage 1.6 petrol and I'm looking to replace it with the new automatic DCT Sportage 1.6 GDI 174PS AWD. I was wondering what you think of this car and whether the auto box is reliable? Will the engine be up to the job with an auto gearbox?

Asked on 31 January 2017 by Philip J Taylor

I've only driven it as a manual. Handles outstandingly well: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/kia/kia-sportage-2.../ A particularly critical reader has the 7-speed DCT in his Kia Cee'd and is happy with it. Unlike DSGs and Powershifts I haven't received any reports of problems.