Which automatic hybrid SUV (preferably not CVT) would you recommend?

We are looking for an automatic hybrid SUV. We're searching for a higher-ride car to replace our old Mercedes-Benz C-Class 180 Estate with sports pack. We don't like its hard ride and these days do not really want sportiness if it's at the expense of comfort. But, we have loved automatic driving and the Mercedes-Benz all-round quality. We are keen to have a hybrid if possible, but definitely not a diesel. I wondered about the Lexus RX but my husband says the CVT gearbox is over-revvy and noisy.

There is only one, which is the KIA Niro and which has a dual clutch transmission rather than a CVT: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/kia/kia-niro-2016-.../ The Toyota C-HR is more stylish, more expensive and handles better, but is still a CVT: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/toyota/toyota-c-hr.../