Need a small petrol hatchback with torque converter gearbox

I want to replace my Honda Jazz with a similar-sized hatchback;however, I want a petrol automatic with decent performance. I don’t fancy a CVT gearbox and my preferences are: Mazda 2, Ford Fiesta, Hyundai i20, Kia Venga, Suzuki Baleno and Vauxhall Corsa.

Which of these (if any) has a torque converter auto gearbox, and which is the best value ?

Asked on 17 October 2016 by Graham W

The Mazda 2 and Suzuki Baleno. PSA also fits its 1.2 PureTech 110 and EAT6 torque converter auto to the Peugeot 2008 and the new Citroen C3 coming in 2017, but the EAT 6 works better with the 1.2 PureTech 130 in the 308 and C4 Picasso. Mazda 2 auto, Suzuki Baleno auto, Citroen C3 auto all tested at www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/ The Corsa 1.4 is totque converter. Smaller Corsas come with automated manual Easytronics.