Need a large car with good fuel eocnomy

I am looking for 2.0-litre diesel car with 150PS. I need good fuel economy and impressive handling from the car. What should I get from the: Mazda6, Skoda Octavia, Volkswagen Passat, Honda Civic and Toyota Prius?

Asked on 10 October 2016 by Max03

A Mazda 6 2.2 Skyactiv D manual will get you about 55mpg. Probably best in SE-L Nav spec. Also consider a Mazda 3 with the same engine. The Skoda Octavia diesel from 2013 has clean manifold in head EA288 1.6 and 2.0 TDI engines that have not been a problem. 50 - 60mpg. The latest Passat with the EA288 2.0TDI 150 is the sweet spot of the range. About 50mpg. The Honda Civic 1.6iDTEC will deliver 65-70mpg driven sensible. The Prius is a petrol hybrid with an impressive reputation for reliability. Better than a diesel in town, not so good on the motorway, 50 - 55mpg.