Hybrid/petrol company car recommendations

I'm about to order a new company car. My business mileage is negligible and my daily commute is 12 miles of country roads. The only long journeys are 2-3 family breaks (with two small children) per year.

My current Toyota Avensis 2.0D4D has served us well, returning an average of 50mpg since new, but I feel petrol or hybrid is probably more appropriate to my needs.

Requirements are comfort, a reasonable boot (saloon car is acceptable if I can fold the seats down) and efficiency.

Possible contenders are:
- Lexus IS300h
- Volkswagen Passat GTE
- Skoda Superb

Any recommendations?

Asked on 13 September 2016 by dfulton77

If thinking of hybrids, add the BMW 330e to your list and the KIA Optima hybrid. The Passat GTE is the most expensive, but is very sophisticated and works well. Base model IS300h on 16-inch wheels is the only IS300h under 100g/km for company car BIK tax. The Superb 1.4TSI COD 150 is excellent with exceptional performance for a 1.4. Cheaper than the others but higher CO2 for BIK. Most of these are tested in www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests