Poor customer service from Hertz

I booked a Hertz Prestige BMW 2 Series Active Tourer several months in advance (the idea is that you get that type of car with leather seats etc) but I ended up being given a fairly basic Cactus. Hertz seem to think that I should get grateful as they consider that was unable upgrade despite my protests! Any thoughts welcome!

Asked on 10 August 2016 by Howard Davis

Makes no sense to me to put a C4 Cactus and a BMW 2 Series Active Tourer in the same hire car group. They are different classes of car. Cactus prices start at £12,990. 2 Series Active Tourers start at £23,010. So you were downgraded, not upgraded. But I have never heard of being able to book a specific car as a standard hire. Only as a prestige hire.