Where can I buy excessive damage insurance?

Where can I buy "collision damage waiver insurance" for a rental car ? The hire car companies often charge HUGE amounts for just 3 or 4 days of this added insurance.

Asked on 27 August 2015 by Driver-in-Italy

Answered by Honest John
http//www.insurance4carhire.co.uk But depends where you are hiring. In many countries, basic CDW is part of the package. In others you have to pay a massive excess.
Similar questions
I am hiring a car through Ryanair in May for 10 days for driving in Spain and France. There is a large excess payable should one be involved with a claim. Rather than take out super cover, which is very...
I plan a trip abroad, which would include car hire for a 5-week period. I have heard that it is possible and preferable to purchase an insurance policy to specifically cover collision damage waiver, thus...
We are getting some interesting cases at the moment that probably should be written up as articles. The first one concerns Enterprise rent-a-car that tried to charge a reader £1,675 for repairing a credit-hire...

Value my car