Faulty Mercedes - should the car supermarket pay for the repairs?

My 2012 Mercedes C250 went in limp home mode on the motorway last week. The AA came and said there were faults showing on the diagnostics, but could not tell me what the faults were.

I bought my car from a car supermarket four months ago, am I covered by the sales of goods act for them to repair it as its not in a satisfactory condition?

Asked on 11 February 2015 by rifuddinC250

Yes. They would have to prove that the problem was not present or developing on the date of sale, but they might accuse you of using poor quality diesel that destroyed the pump and/or injectors. Law here: www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/