Buying extended warranty - which company is best?

I have bought a second hand Ford Mondeo (2011) with 20,000 miles on the clock from a dealer. The dealer has quoted £600 to increase the standard three month warranty to three years and say it's the closest to the manufacturer’s warranty.

However, Warrant wise and Warranty Direct are telling me theirs is the best. The price differential on these two is small - which would you recommend?

Asked on 30 August 2014 by Peter Goodwin

Warranty Direct requires 90 days for its full warranty to kick in, because a fault might pre-exist the warranty. As far as we know it has always been the best and is an insured warranty, giving you remedies via the FCA. As far as we know, Warranty Wise is good but is self-insured.