Should I pay extra for LED headlights?

Audi A3 has the option of LED headlights. Are these better than Xenon and are they worth the extra £2000?

Asked on 29 August 2014 by westwight

No headlights are worth paying an extra £2000 for.
I'm buying a Seat Ateca S because I'm not prepared to wait the 20 weeks delivery time or pay the extra £4000 for the SE model. If I wanted to retrofit automatic fog lights, instead of having to turn them...
I have a 2015 Citroen C3 Picasso and need to upgrade my headlights. I am under the impression that LED bulbs are the best? But does my wiring support LEDs? Or would I be better with halogen?
I am concerned at the number of motorists driving around in poor daytime visibility (currently fog but often rain and spray) without putting on their lights. On the odd occasion when I've been able to...
Comfortable and high quality premium hatchback. Low emissions diesel engines including economical 1.6 TDI. Very refined at speed yet handles well in corners.