Can I fit a spare wheel to my Ford Ka?

My Ford Ka has no spare wheel (which worried me as an arthritic 79-year-old who could normally get help in changing a wheel). When I asked my Ford dealer about runflats, I was told that without TPMS they cannot be fitted to a Ka. He gave me a quote for about £280 for a spare wheel. I shall have to rely on a mobile phone and the AA to use the tyre repair kit provided by Ford.

Asked on 5 October 2013 by ER, Whittingham

If this is a current model Ka, it is based on the Fiat 500, and the Fiat 500 comes with a space saver spare. So you can order one of them from a Fiat dealer. Alternatively, buy a Tyrepal TPMS monitor and fit a set of runflats.