Could you recommend a car with easy access, a large boot and a long guarantee?

My 77-year-old mother is looking to replace her 10-year-old Audi A3 with a slightly smaller car. She only does about 4,000 miles per year, and has all but given up motorway driving. She wants boot space to take her collie dog or shopping, and it must be easy to get in and out. Also a low boot lip would be helpful, and as it may be the last new car she will buy, a long guarantee would also be useful. I was going to get her to look at the Hyundai i30, the Seat Leon or the Honda Jazz. What do you recommend?

Asked on 15 February 2011 by SB, Leeds

A Honda Jazz makes sense. So does a Nissan Note. A KIA Venga or Hyundai ix20 makes more sense than an i30 or a SEAT Leon, which are bigger than an A3. She should also check the last of the Ford Fusion model. A new car she might like is the Toyota Verso S. Video test: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/toyota/toyota-vers...s. The Venga has a 7-year warranty, the ix20 and Verso S five years.