My insurer would not insure my son to learn to drive in my car - do I need to state that he was declined insurance?

My insurer would not insure my son to learn to drive in my car, a Dacia Duster. Do I need to state that he has declined insurance when I try other learner insurance companies?

Asked on 19 April 2024 by David Faulkner

Answered by Louise Thomas
This can depend on where you look for your insurance. If you’re asked, you should always answer honestly. But some insurers may not ask, so you won’t need to specify. But always be honest if asked, otherwise you could risk invalidating the policy once you’ve taken it out.
Similar questions
We have insurance on previous car where I was a primary driver/policy holder and my partner was a named driver. She had a minor accident in Sep 2017 for which we are in dispute and just yesterday the claims...
We are taking delivery of a brand new VW campervan and planning on taking it to Europe in September. The VW warranty provides breakdown cover in Europe for 3 years but I don't believe it extends to repatriation...
My brand new Mercedes-Benz caught fire. It broke down and I didn't get any warning signs on the dashboard so I called Mercedes roadside assistance and they sent the RAC to check my car. After two hours...

Value my car

Save £75 on Warranty using code HJ75

with MotorEasy

Get a warranty quote

Save 12% on GAP Insurance

Use HJ21 to save on an ALA policy

See offer