Can you recommend a fun and comfortable Volkswagen?

I’m a Volkswagen Golf fan - I have been for years - but now I need to change my car so that I can transport my elderly parents around. A Golf is too small for my parents to get into, so I need something larger.

I don’t want to lose the sportiness and handling of my Golf. I also drive 100+ mile trips quite regularly so need something with good mpg - currently drive a diesel, not particularly fussed with hybrids. Can you suggest any cars that might fit the bill?

Asked on 27 September 2021 by Deb

Try a Volkswagen T-Roc. It's like a Golf but with a high seating position and easier access. It's relatively sporty to drive for a crossover SUV, too. The 2.0-litre TDI might make sense for your mileage. Alternatively, take a look at the SEAT Ateca. It's a bit bigger than the T-Roc but sportier to drive.