Can you recommend a modern replacement for my Fiat Coupe?

I recently lost my beloved 1998 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo, after a head-on collision with a drunk driver. We were lucky to walk away. Having owned the car since 2002 I am looking for a replacement with the same charisma and excitement of my old Fiat.

I need at least four seats, with some reasonable space in the back for growing teenagers. I would like a leather interior, a sunroof and hassle-free ownership (the Fiat was very reliable). Safety is, maybe not surprisingly, a key consideration.

Ideally, I'd like to get a great value car and have a maximum budget of £25,000 but would prefer to spend less. If I pick the right car I am likely to keep it for the long haul. Any suggestions, please?

Asked on 16 September 2021 by IAN P DWYER

How about a Kia Stinger? It's a left-field choice, much like your Fiat Coupe, with a spacious interior and long transferable warranty. Your budget won't quite stretch to the sporty GT S but the 2.0-litre petrol is no slouch. If you'd prefer a premium alternative, take a look at the Mercedes C-Class Coupe or BMW 4 Series.