Should I get a petrol or diesel SUV?

I'm considering buying a Mercedes-Benz GLB but I'm yet to decide which option is better, the 200 petrol or the 200d diesel one. I'm a normal all-round driver (driving on both motorways and in the city). Although I did test drive the petrol one, I tend to consider the diesel option a better one, both for its higher torque level and its 8-speed gearbox. I'd appreciate any honest advice. Many thanks.

Asked on 14 October 2020 by John Yiannaki

It depends on your mileage, really. If you cover more than 12,000 miles a year including regular motorway trips (say, at least once a week), we'd recommend the 200d. Otherwise, go for the 200 petrol. The diesel might also make sense if you need to tow anything.