What is the best mid-size SUV for £25k?

Now that my family has grown up and are moving out we’d like to replace our reliable Chrysler Voyager load lugger. The requirements are tricky:- supremely comfortable, classy interior, economical to run, high driving position, good dog carrying access, good driveway presence. We currently drive about 16k miles per year. We’d like to buy second-hand for £25kish and this will complement our BMW MSport weekend Cabrio.

I think the ride if the BMW X3 is rather harsh and my wife thinks the Audi Q5 interior is rather austere. And is currently anti Volvo. Do you have any suggestions?

Asked on 26 August 2020 by MR STUART ALLEN

It'd be a shame to dismiss Volvo - the latest XC60 really is excellent and it sounds like it'd meet your needs well. We'd also recommend the Mercedes-Benz GLC or, if you fancy something a little left-field, a Lexus NX. The Lexus is a hybrid which might actually suit your needs quite well.