Could you recommend a ULEZ-compliant car that's good for taking long trips?

My wife and I are looking for a car that would mainly be used to travel to Europe up to four times a year (France and Czech Republic). Our budget is £6000 and we live in London. It would ideally be ULEZ compliant if it helps with the resale value in a years' time or so. Which model and maybe year would you recommend?

Asked on 11 June 2020 by Geoffroy

It's a tricky one as it sounds like a diesel would be ideal for that journey, yet an older diesel could be problematic and won't be ULEZ compliant. With that in mind, we'd probably be looking for a comfortable petrol car. A Honda Civic could be a good option. Your budget will get a 2012 model with the reliable 1.8-litre petrol engine. If you need more space, consider a Toyota RAV4 or Honda CR-V. Neither will be particularly frugal but ought to be reliable.