Could you recommend a ULEZ compliant car?

We need a ULEZ-compliant car that's comfortable for longer journeys on the motorway. Our budget is £8000. We had been looking at a Ford Focus Ecoboost but now fear these engines are not suited to travelling longer distances. We are open to all suggestions.

Asked on 8 June 2020 by Tim G

If you use your car for lots long journeys then a Euro6 diesel will probably suit your needs best. It will be exempt from the ULEZ charge and provide low fuel costs. Given your budget, I'd recommend the Honda Civic 1.6 i-DTEC diesel:www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/honda/civic-2012/

If you only use your car for lots of short trips (and only the occasional long journey) then a petrol will be better. I'd go with the Mazda 3 Skyactiv 2.0 petrol: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/mazda/3-2014