Can you recommend a small, comfortable car for a driver with severe arthritis?

We run a petrol Audi A1 and now need a comparable small car - which my wife can use. She has severe hip arthritis. What would you recommend we consider?

Asked on 20 May 2020 by Godfrey P

It reads like you need a car with a raised seating position, comfortable suspension and wide opening doors. I'd recommend the Toyota C-HR: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/toyota/c-hr-2016/

You might want to consider the Honda Jazz, too. It isn't a crossover (and doesn't sit as high as from the road) but access is a lot easier than your current Audi A1. The Honda also has excellent suspension and seats for comfort: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/honda/jazz-2014