Should I opt for a manufacturer's expensive extended warranty?

My Audi A3 is coming up to three years old. I'm being offered Audi's extended warranty for £446 for one year - which seems a bit steep. Any advice?

Asked on 22 April 2020 by Glenis Reeve-Fowkes

Get quotes from independent warranty suppliers and compare the level of cover. Like all insurance policies, aftermarket car warranties can be littered with clauses that mean the provider doesn’t have to pay out in the event of a claim. Read the small print thoroughly so you fully understand what you are getting for your money.

For more information, see our new and used car warranty guide: www.honestjohn.co.uk/cheap-car-warranties