Do I have to pay for a warranty inspection because the dealership moved the appointment due to coronavirus?

I booked a service, MoT and warranty inspection on a Ford KA on 30 April 2020. The three year warranty is due to expire on 8 May 2020. I have now been informed by the local main Ford dealership that this inspection can only be carried out on 2 June 2020, which is outside of the expiry date of my three year guarantee. The service department have advised me that despite the date change at their request owing to the coronavirus pandemic, the warranty has expired and I will be charged for the MoT and warranty inspection in full. I consider this disappointing and unreasonable, what do you think?

Asked on 17 April 2020 by George Hall

The dealer's service department is wrong. Ford warranty claims have been extended by 180 days, which means any potential problems will still be covered by the standard manufacturer warranty: www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/coronavirus/2020-03/coro...d