Is the industry planning to help people who've got cars on finance but may no longer be able to afford to pay because of coronavirus?

Have you heard if the automotive industry is going to offer any support for people with leased cars?

There are Government plans to help people facing difficulties as a result of the coronavirus outbreak - including business loans and mortgage breaks - but nothing specific has been outlined for personal loans or car finance. If you are worried about your income or maintaining payments, I would recommend speaking with the lease company to see if they are able to provide a payment break or some other form of help.

For more advice on buying, running and owning a car during the coronavirus outbreak, see: www.honestjohn.co.uk/coronavirus/coronavirus-what-...s