Which small crossovers have the best ride comfort?

My wife has a 2018 Vauxhall Mokka X with 18-inch wheels. We are disappointed with the ride comfort, At slow speeds over pitted road surfaces or over speed humps it can feel as though it has solid tyres. On undulating country roads, it seems to exaggerate the bumps rather than smoothing them out. We use 32psi as per Vauxhall`s tyre pressure table. Assuming that this is normal for a Mokka X and nothing can be done to significantly improve the ride, which similar or a little smaller SUV would you recommend that will have a comfortable ride? Petrol engine and auto is required.

Asked on 2 March 2020 by bob1946ltfc

You could try a smaller set of wheels with higher profile tyres, although the majority of Mokkas were sold with 18-inch alloys so finding a smaller set might be difficult. I'd recommend a Citroen C3 Aircross. It's a very comfortable little crossover with soft suspension setup. Also, consider a Skoda Kamiq or SEAT Arona.