Insure rescue

My insurance is due for renewal. Over the last year I have had my son as a named driver. However he is now at University and I'm reluctant to continue paying when he is no longer at home. Are there any companies that allow adding him as another driver for the summer holidays?

Asked on 5 June 2010 by AS, via email

Answered by Honest John
Instant car insurance for 1 - 28 days from or Young driver car and insurance packages: Standard rate PCPs, but insurance for 17 year olds from £300 for 9 months followed by a 40% NCD: . Learner driver insurance to drive the family car up to IG16/20 at £90.95 to £99.50 a month according to postcode. Young driver insurance generally: . Young Driver Insurance policies suited to 17-25 year old, discounted by up to 40% on the proviso that the car must not be driven between 11pm and 5am:
Similar questions
If my partner who's a named driver on my car needed to drive very occasionally to work as a locum at different locations should we inform the insurance company? This doesn't sound like commuting so what...
I have 7 years no claims bonus on a Hastings Direct policy that lapsed on 16th March 2008. Since then I have been a named driver on another policy. During this time there have been no claims on this policy...
My 19 year old son is just about to qualify as a carpenter and needs a van because he will be self-employed. Please can you advise the best type of van insurance company who specialise in young drivers...

Value my car

Save £75 on Warranty using code HJ75

with MotorEasy

Get a warranty quote

Save 12% on GAP Insurance

Use HJ21 to save on an ALA policy

See offer