Can I get a used hybrid car for £10,000?

I’d like to buy an automatic family car, with a budget of about £10,000. Is it possible to get a hybrid for this budget? I’m also interested in the highest possible safety rating. We’d mainly use the car for short journeys, but would want to go on some holidays, so need room for buggy, suitcases etc. It would be great to have something very reliable.

Asked on 25 November 2019 by Louise Crowe

A Toyota Auris could be a good choice. It's available as a hybrid and an estate, which should have plenty of room for holiday luggage. It's also a very reliable choice, although its interior does look a little dated. Alternatively, I'd recommend a petrol Honda Civic. It's a very reliable and practical family car. Also consider a Hyundai i30.