What's the best petrol SUV for towing?

I currently use a diesel Range Rover Evoque 190 to tow my boat, which weighs approximately 1 tonne. I would like to change to a petrol vehicle (SUV) but am struggling to find one that has the necessary power and in particular torque. The key issue is retrieving the boat on its trailer from the water and up a slipway. Can you possibly suggest an appropriate vehicle?

I'd recommend a petrol hybrid, like the Toyota RAV4. The four-wheel-drive version will match your diesel Evoque for torque and tow up to 1650kg when hooked to a braked trailer: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/toyota/rav-4-2018/