Should I swap my old C220 CDI for a C350 petrol?

I own a 2007 Mercedes-Benz C220 CDI. A friend is selling his 2011 C350 petrol. I only do 5000 miles per year and my diesel is more economical to run, but with the impending ULEZ expansion would it be prudent to buy the newer petrol car?

Asked on 18 November 2019 by Salvatore loggia

Sounds like a wise move. I don't think your car has a diesel particulate filter (I'm pretty sure it was an optional extra in 2007 that was rarely fitted) so you probably don't have to worry about that getting blocked, but a petrol would still be a better choice for 5000 miles a year.