What's a good car for commuting on a £10k budget that has Apple CarPlay?

I’m changing jobs shortly and that will require me to commute to Birmingham from my home in Kent (approx 150 miles each way) at least once occasionally twice a week. I’m looking for an economical hatchback or estate comfortable on long journeys and ideally with Apple CarPlay (I’m an avid user of Waze and podcast listener). I have up to £10k to spend. What do you recommend?

Asked on 11 November 2019 by Simon Tilling

How about a Kia Cee'd? MY17 models and newer should have Apple CarPlay. They'll have the remainder of Kia's seven-year warranty, too, and will be very cheap to run. Also consider the Hyundai i30 (you'll get a newer-generation model for the money) or a Vauxhall Astra.